Small Details Make a BIG Difference.
What To Do After Your
Eyeliner / Lash Enhancement Procedure.
Eyeliner & Lash Enhancement Prep & Aftercare
Small Details Make a BIG Difference
What to do Before & After your
Eyeliner / Lash Enhancement
I’ve been performing permanent make-up now for over 20 years. In this time I’ve completed over 15,000 procedures while experimenting with numerous techniques to help my clients get better results. I have literally tried EVERYTHING.
What I’ve found is that the right pre-care and aftercare can truly make a massive difference in results. Knowing just how important prep and aftercare are, I’ve researched and experimented with many techniques and combinations. I’ve done dry techniques, wet techniques, washing, no washing, I’ve tried various products, creams, ointments… you name it, I’ve tested it.
To help you get the best results possible from your LIP-BLUSHING procedure I’ve outlined my lessons learned and provided a formula that will help to ensure you get the best results possible.
If you’ve ever hired a professional painter they will tell you that “it’s all in the prep”. Professional painters know that they get the best results when they spend extra time sanding, filling holes, making sure edges are smooth and applying the right primer. Well, LIP-BLUSHING is very similar. You will get much better results when you properly prep.
:It all starts with a good canvas! The procedure area must be healthy, strong, non-sensitive and non-irritated. Here’s how to get your lips ready for the procedure.
• Do not pick/tweeze/wax/perform electrolysis near the lip one week before the procedure
• Do not tan two weeks prior or have sunburned face/skin/lips
• Do not have any type of facial or peel 2 weeks prior to treatment
• Do not work out the day of the procedure.
• Do not have botox or fillers 3 weeks prior to your LIP-BLUSHING
• Do not take Fish Oil, Vitamin E one week prior (natural blood thinners) (if you are on aspirin or medically needed blood thinners. please consult with your Dr, prior to this service or stopping your medication(s)
• Do not wax or tint your upper-lip one week before the procedure.
:In order to avoid excessive bleeding and poor colour deposit:
• Do not drink alcohol 24 - 48 hours before your LIP-BLUSHING
• Do not consume coffee or any caffeine before your procedure
• Do not take an aspirin or ibuprofen for pain relief (this thins the blood)
Now that you know what NOT to do, it’s time to share my secret recipe for amazing PMU results!
As I said its all about the canvas.
❤️MOIST SKIN HELPS RATAIN PIGMENT❤️
Moisturizing the area daily for 7 days is recommended. this helps the pigment retain for better healed results.
🤓 :Get familiar with your after-care: 🤓
Included in your take-home after-care kit
This will be used to clean the area post procedure. After procedure your skin will push lymphatic fluid onto the area treated, this is normal and needs to be washed off to help avoid over-scabbing and pigment loss.
This will be used to heal & protect the area post procedure. After procedure you're skin will be open and needs protecting. Aquaphor helps heal and soothe.
Post procedure your skin is open and susceptible to infection, for this reason I include sterile swabs to keep fingers off. Use these swabs to apply you're aquaphor on the area for the first 2 days.
TATTOO GOO HEALING MOISTURIZER
This healing moisturizer helps with continued conditioning of the healing skin to aid in color retention and tone.
🥳 :The day of your procedure: 🥳
After your Eyeliner / Lash Enhancement, gently blot the area with the supplied non-woven gauze to absorb excess lymph fluid. Do this every 5 minutes for the full day until weeping/oozing has stopped. Removing this fluid prevents hardening of the lymph. ( scabbing )
APPLY THE SUPPLIED AQUIPHOR THROUGH THE DAY FOR THE NEXT 2 DAYS & after each blotting. USE A SMALL AMOUNT JUST ENOUGH TO COAT THE liner. DO-NOT SUFFOCATE THE LINER‼️.
READ ON FOR THE SCHEDULE.
Days 1-14: Schedule.
Wash daily to remove bacteria and dead skin. (Don't worry...THIS DOES NOT REMOVE THE PIGMENT!)
WHEN WASHING ALWAUS USE TEPID WATER and the supplied antibacterial soap. With a very light touch, use your fingertips to gently cleanse the affected area. Very lightly rub the area in a smooth motion for 10 seconds and rinse with tepid water ensuring that all soap is rinsed away. To dry, gently pat with the clean gauze and wait 5 minutes to ensure the area is dry.
DAY OF PROCEDURE. Wash 2 to 3 hours after LINER and every 2 hours until bed time applying Aquaphor onto clean DRY skin after each washing.
DAY AFTER PROCEDURE. Wash in the morning. If still weeping/oozing continue to wash every 5 hours and keep Aquaphor on the eyes at all times.
Stop washing. All weeping/oozing has stopped by now. Start using the supplied moisturizer and continue to moisturize and reapply throughout the day for 14 days until completely healed.
DO NOT use any cleansing products containing acids (glycolic, lactic, AHA, BHA etc), or any exfoliants. ONLY USE WHAT IS IN YOUR TAKE-HOME AFTERCARE KIT & INSTRUCTIONS.
• Use a fresh pillowcase
• Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate away. Picking can cause scarring or loss of colour
• No facials, botox, chemical treatments or microdermabrasion for 4 weeks
• Avoid hot, sweaty exercise for a minimum of 10 days
• Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for 4 weeks after the procedure. Wear a hat when outdoors and the supplied SPF MOISTURIZING LIP BLAM .
• Avoid heavy sweating and long hot showers for the first 10 days.
• Avoid sleeping on your face for the first 10 days
• Avoid swimming, lakes, hot tubs for the first 10 days
• Avoid topical makeup including sunscreen on the area
• DO NOT rub, pick or scratch the treated area.
Remember, with the proper prep and aftercare routine you will have much better results with your microblading procedure.
Important note about showering:
Limit your showers to 5 minutes so you do not create too much steam. Keep your face/procedure area out of the water while you wash your body, then, at the end of your shower, wash your hair. Your face, or procedure area, should only be getting wet at the very last end of the shower. Avoid excessive rinsing and hot water on the treated area.