Small Details Make a BIG Difference
What To Do Before & After The Mans Brow Microblading/Powder Brow Procedure
2-3 days prior to your appointment use a gentle scrub on your brows, ( if you don't have a facial scrub, use a teaspoon of table salt and mix with your cleanser. Be sure to not over scrub (gentle pressure)
After you have washed and dried the area, apply moisturizer to the brow area 3 times a day up to your appointment day.
• Do not pick/tweeze/wax/perform electrolysis one week before the procedure
• Do not tan two weeks prior or have sunburned face/skin
• Do not have any type of facial or peel 2 weeks prior to treatment
• Do not work out the day of the procedure.
• Do not have botox 3 weeks prior
• Do not take Fish Oil, Vitamin E one week prior (natural blood thinners) (if you are on aspirin or medically needed blood thinners. please consult with your Dr, prior to this service or stopping your medication(s)
• Do not wax or tint your eyebrows 3 days before the procedure.
:In order to avoid excessive bleeding and poor colour deposit:
• Do not drink alcohol 24 - 48 hours before your tattoo
• Do not consume coffee or any caffeine before your procedure
• Do not take an aspirin or ibuprofen for pain relief (this thins the blood)
Now that you know what NOT to do, it’s time to share my secret recipe for amazing PMU results!
🤓 :Get familiar with your after-care: 🤓
Included in your take-home after-care kit
This will be used to clean the area post procedure. After procedure your skin will push lymphatic fluid onto the area treated, this is normal and needs to be washed off to help avoid over-scabbing and pigment loss.
This will be used to heal & protect the area post procedure. After procedure you're skin will be open and needs protecting. Aquaphor helps heal and soothe.
TATTOO GOO HEALING MOISTURIZER
This healing moisturizer helps with continued conditioning of the healing skin to aid in color retention and tone.
As was spoken and how you are here 🥳 The After-Care-Card 🥳
In you're take-home kit is an after-care cars with a QR code to bring you right her to refresh you on after-care how's and how not.
🥳 :The day of your procedure: 🥳
After your Microblading/Micro+Shading/Powder brow, gently blot the area with the supplied non-woven gauze to absorb excess lymph fluid. Do this every 5 minutes for the full day until weeping/oozing has stopped. Removing this fluid prevents hardening of the lymph. ( scabbing )
Days 1-7: Wash
Wash daily to remove bacteria and dead skin. (Don't worry...THIS DOES NOT REMOVE THE PIGMENT!)
Gently was the treated area each morning and night with tepid water and the supplied antibacterial soap. With a very light touch, use your fingertips to gently cleanse the affected area. Very lightly rub the area in a smooth motion for 10 seconds and rinse with tepid water ensuring that all soap is rinsed away. To dry, gently pat with the clean gauze and wait 5 minutes to ensure the area is dry.
DO NOT use any cleansing products containing acids (glycolic, lactic, AHA, BHA etc), or any exfoliants. ONLY USE WHAT IS IN YOUR TAKE-HOME AFTERCARE KIT & INSTRUCTIONS.
Days 1+2: Ointment
Apply a rice grain amount of the supplied Aquaphor ointment with a clean cotton swab or clean fingers and spread it across the brow area. If you have brow hair please make sure you go AGENST THE HAIR GRAIN as-well as with the grain of the hair when applying the Aquaphor, this ensures the ointment is on the skin under you're brow hairs. Be sure not to over-apply as this will suffocate your skin and delay healing. The ointment should be barely noticeable on the skin. Never put the ointment on a wet or damp tattooed skin!
🤕:THE HEALING PROCESS:🤕
Healing times differ form person to person, in most cases healing is visually completed within 14 days however, some cases may need more time. Remember, this is a process and takes time, loosing pigment and having the elusion of uneven brows is perfectly normal and requires a perfecting session to complete.
:The healing process gos as follows:
The brow area will seem darker, thicker and sensitive, this is normal as the pigment has just been implanted and has oxidized in the skin.
Brows will darken in color and tender to the touch.
Brows will start to lift and flake. Don't worry, your end result is still there just lighter and more natural looking.
Brows will flake and shed the dead skin to reveal you're end result. A light/soft brow will remain.
• Use a fresh pillowcase
• Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate away. Picking can cause scarring or loss of colour
• No facials, botox, chemical treatments or microdermabrasion for 4 weeks
• Avoid hot, sweaty exercise for one week
• Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for 4 weeks after the procedure. Wear a hat when outdoors.
• Avoid heavy sweating and long hot showers for the first 10 days.
• Avoid sleeping on your face for the first 10 days
• Avoid swimming, lakes, hot tubs for the first 10 days
• Avoid topical makeup including sunscreen on the area
• DO NOT rub, pick or scratch the treated area.
Remember, with the proper prep and aftercare routine you will have much better results with your microblading procedure.
🚿:Important note about showering:🚿
Limit your showers to 5 minutes so you do not create too much steam. Keep your face/procedure area out of the water while you wash your body, then, at the end of your shower, wash your hair. Your face, or procedure area, should only be getting wet at the very last end of the shower. Avoid excessive rinsing and hot water on the treated area.
Finally, if you have any questions after hours, Please don't hesitate to reach out through text message 💬 @ 860-993-4079 for any assistance!